Today I went back to work after taking Monday off to relax. Of course, I am wearing my medal. 🙂
Yes, I am eating breakfast with my medal. 🙂
After some reflection, I know now what I would do differently next year if I do Reach the Beach.
1. Use sunscreen lip gloss. I realized too late that the Burt’s Bees chapstick I grabbed was NOT the one with sunscreen in it. Ooops.
2. I would start earlier so that I can enjoy the finish line festivities.
3. Drink more water. I refilled my water bottles at every rest stop, but I still feel like I didn’t drink enough water during the day.
4. Reapply sunscreen throughout the day. For some reason I did not reapply. I didn’t get sunburned thankfully but I need to be better about that.
5. Check a bag with a change of clothes, snacks and a blanket for the finish line. We realized this was a possibility after the fact, of course, and a change of clothes would have REALLY made a huge difference.
6. Don’t spit into the wind while biking. Even if you swallowed a bug. 😛
On another note, I decided not to run today at lunch. Besides the ugly weather (downpour, then clear skies, then more rain), I think I should rest my body. I haven’t taken a rest day since Reach the Beach.