This is essentially the scene of the accident. Luckily, I fell on some grass like the picture above. I learned a few things from this weekend’s ride:
1. I am thankful to have PADDING in my body that softened the blow. It’s easy to forget that we are NOT indestructible creatures and biking can be dangerous. I will not hate my fat ever again. 😉
2. I can TOTALLY bike 40 miles in one day. I did it on Saturday and besides the bruises, I feel pretty darn good!
3. I KNOW I can complete Reach the Beach! It’s 12 days away and I’m feeling excited and motivated.
4. Eating GUs and proteins WORKS. Although we were exhausted when we got home from the bike ride, the GUs really did work to give us boosts of energy.
Check out this website on bicycle safety: http://bicyclesafe.com/
For lunch, I ate my ham sandwich on a Sandwich Thin with some carrots and cauliflower. I had some Light Kraft Ranch dressing too. After I ate, I went for a 45 minute walk to try and loosen up my legs.
Michael and I chatted about our Low-Carb week plan and we agree it might not be necessary. Not only that, if we are going to bike this weekend we need to have the energy to do so. We revised our plan to be Low Carbs at the beginning of next week and then carb-loading for 3 days before the ride. Let’s hope it works!
I decided to make a few Goals for May. Just a few things that I want to improve.
1. Complete Reach the Beach.
2. Drink more water. Consistently. Every Day.
3. Use sunscreen every time I bike/walk/run outside.
4. Become more flexible. Achieve this by stretching after EVERY activity and including yoga into my weekly routine.
QUESTION: Do you have any goals/”resolutions” for the month of May?