AFTER RACE DINNER: PROTEIN!
Last night’s dinner was fantastic! Michael made steak, I steamed some broccoli and added a little butter. Michael also made one of his specialties: potatoes and onions. It was a great meal and I think it was the perfect food after a race. I also had a vodka tonic. YUM! 🙂 It’s been a long time and I figured I’d earned a treat!
I slept great last night. I did wake up once in the night and felt like I could barely move my legs! When I got up this morning, however, I wasn’t quite as sore as I thought I would be.
I checked the Shamrock Run website to see where I ranked. I was ranked #452 out of 635 for the 8k in the group “Female 30-34 Years Old Net Time”. I wasn’t too worried about my ranking. I was more concerned with reaching my personal goals (like not having to walk).
I had Cream of Wheat and 1/2 of a banana for breakfast today. I brought a Dannon vanilla greek yogurt and an orange for snack today. I’m going swimming tonight to help stretch out my sore legs! So far I’m not feeling the time change.
- I can do anything I set my mind to. Visualizing myself running the entire thing and NOT walking really did help keep me motivated!
- Eating pasta the night before the race does amazing things!
- Walking after the race keeps me from locking up entirely.
- I will inevitably need to pee several times before the race starts. I need to get in the line EARLY!!
- Running the hills in my neighborhood GREATLY prepared me for the hills on the Shamrock!